Funeral Celebrant training
Funeral Celebrancy – Accredited units of competency
A popular and highly recommended option for students studying CHC41015 CIV in Celebrancy is to select these Elective units of competency:
- CHCCCS017 Provide loss and grief support
- SIFXIND002 Work effectively in the funeral services industry
- CHCCEL008 Plan, present and evaluate funeral and memorial ceremonies
These units are also offered as a short course – these units are nationally recognised.
Delivery of this course
Blended self-paced learning on QualTrain’s e-learning website plus two days in the classroom and a fieldtrip. We highly recommend attendance in the classroom where possible, although for rural and remote students, we have the complete learning and assessment available online.
What you will learn
A funeral celebrant assumes the responsibility of preparing and performing funeral and memorial ceremonies that truly reflects the life of the deceased. Funeral celebrants work alongside and in a cooperative manner with professional funeral home staff, crematorium chapel and cemetery staff. This course will help you to develop the following skills and knowledge: Recognising and responding to the needs of people experiencing grief, loss and bereavement; Developing effective communication between the funeral celebrant, the funeral director and the bereaved; Working confidently in the role of celebrant, liaising with industry personnel and adhering to policies and procedures in a variety of locations; Preparing for a professional yet empathic performance; Addressing the specific needs of funeral and memorial ceremonies as a celebrant, and to develop, present and evaluate personalized ceremonies.
Learning Material provided
Following payment of the initial payment (please see below) and enrolment, students are provided with login details to QualTrain’s e-learning website where they may commence study. The e-learning website has many useful resources that students have access to, these may be downloaded and saved for future use. Students are provided with a hard copy Learner Manual – filled with ceremony ideas and templates – a rich resource.
Learning and Assessment
Study online via QualTrain’s e-learning website: here you will find structured lessons, instructional videos, interesting articles, prompts to develop research skills and valuable resources. Study in the classroom: one of the greatest benefits is the sharing of knowledge and experiences whilst learning new skills; learning techniques include role-play, small group work, solving problems, develop strategies to manage situations, Q&As with the trainer. Modes of assessment: tasks include knowledge tests, projects, assignments, reporting, performance and practical demonstration.
Prior to commencement of the course, an assessment plan is developed for each candidate. One copy of this document is given to the student and one kept by QualTrain administration. The plan is updated regularly to confirm receipt of completed assessment tasks.
Once you have selected the OPD program, Students maintain regular communication with their peers, trainers and QualTrain administration via a private Facebook page and the student support email and telephone contact.you will be directed to a payment portal on this website. Payments may be made in one of the following ways:
- Pay online on this website via eWAY. The ‘Pay Now’ button will take you to a payment portal where you will be asked to complete an application form (name / address / A number / any special needs. Security Policy: When purchasing from QualTrain Australia Pty Ltd, card details are transmitted through a secure server using eWAY. Card data is not hosted by eWAY after processing.
- If you prefer not to use the secure payment via eWAY, you may choose to use this manual enrolment form or request an invoice by emailing email@example.com
- If you are attending an OPD program hosted by a Celebrant Association / Network / or Private Celebrant Group, QualTrain will invoice the administrator of that organisation and you will pay them directly – there will be no need to enrol via this website. Please check with your Celebrant Association / Network / or Private Celebrant Group first to ensure the arrangements are in place.
NOTE: if you are claiming a discount, you must include the unique code when processing a payment. Please contact your group administrator for the unique code as we cannot release this information to individuals and we will not make the code available online. Please see the Refund Policy next.
Cost of this course
Short Course for Funeral Celebrancy (four units of competency) is also offered as a short course – blended online and three days in the classroom, including the fieldtrip + one day for assessment of ceremonies. Access to QualTrain e-learning website + hard copy learning material The total cost for funeral training is $790.00 (no GST)
Payment Arrangements for this Course
All fees and refunds are in Australian Dollars (AUD) Once the payment is made, you will receive an invitation to formally enrol electronically. Once the enrolment process is complete, you will be given login details to commence study via QualTrain’s e-learning website. Hard copy workbook will be distributed on the first day of class. Course fees must be paid in full before QualTrain will issue the parchment record of achievement is. Please review: Terms & Conditions and Refund Policy
Classroom Dates in Western Australia
Please enrol at least five weeks prior to the classroom component of the course.
Next course available Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 November + Tuesday 27 November (field trip).
Classroom Dates in New South Wales
Please ensure you enrol at least five weeks prior to the classroom component of this course.
Next dates to be advised shortly.
Classroom Dates in Victoria
Please enrol at least five weeks prior to the classroom component of the course commencing.
Next course available soon – dates will be advised shortly.
When Studied as Part of CIV in Celebrancy
When studied as part of CHC41015 CIV in Celebrancy, there is no additional cost and no need to enrol below if you have enrolled in CHC41015 CIV in Celebrancy.
Prerequisites for training
There are no formal prerequisites, however, we advise that you will require the following skills in order to complete this course:
- You should have at least basic knowledge and skills to operate a computer and be able to –
- download documents in Word and PDF
- complete documents online
- scan and email documents
- You should have an email address (not a work email) that you check regularly as much of the information you will receive will be sent electronically
- You should have a good command of language and be able to –
- write gramatically
- use effective language to communicate clearly
- use creative writing when composing a ceremony
- You should have good speaking skills and be able to deliver a speech using –
- precise, clear diction
- tonal variety
- and be able to –
- project and maintain voice volume
- control the rate of your speech – not too fast / not too slow
We have developed a simple test, please download and complete this test, if you experience any difficulty with it, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we may be able to assist you: Generic Skills Test
If you wish to enrol in this short course for funeral celebrant training, the cost is $790.00 (no GST) – ENROL BELOW
Enrol in Funeral Celebrant training
Before enrolling in this course please read this important information:
TERMS & CONDITIONS & REFUND POLICY
Please choose carefully. Once you have enrolled in a QualTrain Australia course, we do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision. Please make sure you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions including the Refund Policy before signing.
Security Policy: When purchasing from QualTrain Australia Pty Ltd, card details are transmitted through a secure server using eWAY. Card data is not hosted by eWAY after processing.