Funeral Celebrant training
Funeral Celebrancy – Accredited units of competency
A popular and highly recommended option for students studying CHC41015 CIV in Celebrancy is to select the Elective units of competency which also form the short course:
- SIFXIND002 Work effectively in the funeral services industry
- CHCCEL008 Plan, present and evaluate funeral and memorial ceremonies
These units are offered as a short course – these units are nationally recognised.
What you will learn
A funeral celebrant assumes the responsibility of preparing and performing funeral and memorial ceremonies that truly reflects the life of the deceased. Funeral celebrants work alongside and in a cooperative manner with professional funeral home staff, crematorium chapel and cemetery staff.
This course will help you to develop the following skills and knowledge: Recognising and responding to the needs of people experiencing grief, loss and bereavement; Developing effective communication between the funeral celebrant, the funeral director and the bereaved; Working confidently in the role of celebrant, liaising with industry personnel and adhering to policies and procedures in a variety of locations; Preparing for a professional yet empathic performance; Addressing the specific needs of funeral and memorial ceremonies as a celebrant, and to develop, present and evaluate personalized ceremonies.
Units of competency included:
CHCCEL008 Plan, present and evaluate funeral and memorial ceremonies
SIFXIND002 work effectively in the funeral services industry
What is the cost? Read refund policy
The total cost for funeral training is $790.00 (no GST).
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
QualTrain Australia Pty Ltd UOC (Unit of Competency) Refund Policy 2018 – 2020
Where a candidate has purchased the short course in Funeral Celebrancy, the following will occur:
- The candidate will be enrolled in the unit of competency for online study prior to the classroom.
- Learning material and assessment tasks form part of the unit curriculum and must be completed prior to the unit of competency being awarded.
- The candidate will attend the classroom where applicable and where practical elements of learning and assessment are deemed necessary for the unit in question.
Refund may occur as follows:
- The fee paid for the course will be refunded in full providing written advice from the candidate is received by QualTrain Australia’s administration prior to the commencement of the candidate receiving access to QualTrain’s e-learning website to commence study.
- The fee paid for the course will be refunded in part providing written advice from the candidate is received by QualTrain Australia’s administration – the following scale applies:
- Within three to nine (3 – 9) days’ following the candidate’s access to QualTrain’s e-learning website where written advice of cancellation is received, a50% refund will apply.
- Where the candidate has had access to learning material on QualTrain’s e-learning website for more that twenty-two (22) days where written advice of cancellation is received, no refund will apply.
- NOTE: the candidate will be reminded that they have 12 months to complete the unit of competency online.
Email advice will be accepted as written.
In the event that QualTrain Australia needs to cancel or postpone a classroom component of the course, we will contact you at least seven (7) working days prior to the planned commencement date. You will then be offered a place in another scheduled course.
In accordance with the above information, to advise cancellation of your attendance and request a refund please email firstname.lastname@example.org or post to P O Box 279, Maylands, WA 6391, or call 1300 185 349 during office hours Monday to Friday (WA time).
Note: All charges and refunds are made in Australian Dollars (AUD).
Classroom Dates in Western Australia
Please enrol at least five weeks prior to the classroom component of the course.
Next courses available
In-class Funeral Module: Saturday 18 + Sunday 19 April
Funeral Field Trip: Friday 1 May 2020
In-class Funeral Module: Saturday 23 + Sunday 24 August 2020
Funeral Field Trip: midweek TBA
In-class Funeral Module: Saturday 23 + Sunday 24 November 2020
Funeral Field Trip: midweek TBA
Learning and Assessment
Study online via QualTrain’s e-learning website:
Following payment of the deposit and enrolment, students are provided with login details to QualTrain’s e-learning website where they may commence study; here you will find structured lessons, instructional videos, interesting articles, prompts to develop research skills and valuable resources. The e-learning website has many useful resources that students have access to, these may be downloaded and saved for future use.
Study in the classroom: one of the greatest benefits is the sharing of knowledge and experiences whilst learning new skills; learning techniques include role-play, small group work, solving problems, develop strategies to manage situations, Q&As with the trainer. Modes of assessment: tasks include knowledge tests, projects, assignments, reporting, performance and practical demonstration. Students are also provided with a hard copy Learner Manual – filled with ceremony ideas and templates – a rich resource.
Assessment is taken in a variety of forms: questioning both direct and online, demonstration in the classroom and at a funeral home or simulated environment, written tests, peer assessment, personal review.
Prior to commencement of the course, an assessment plan is developed for each candidate. One copy of this document is given to the student and one kept by QualTrain administration. The plan is updated regularly to confirm receipt of completed assessment tasks.
Prerequisites for training
There are no formal prerequisites, however, we advise that you will require the following skills in order to complete this course:
- You should have at least basic knowledge and skills to operate a computer and be able to –
- download documents in Word and PDF
- complete documents online
- scan and email documents
- You should have an email address (not a work email) that you check regularly as much of the information you will receive will be sent electronically
- You should have a good command of language and be able to –
- write gramatically
- use effective language to communicate clearly
- use creative writing when composing a ceremony
- You should have good speaking skills and be able to deliver a speech using –
- precise, clear diction
- tonal variety
- and be able to –
- project and maintain voice volume
- control the rate of your speech – not too fast / not too slow
When Studied as Part of CIV in Celebrancy
When studied as part of CHC41015 CIV in Celebrancy, there is no additional cost and no need to enrol below if you have enrolled in CHC41015 CIV in Celebrancy.
If you wish to enrol in this short course for funeral celebrant training, the cost is $790.00 (no GST) – ENROL BELOW
Enrol in Funeral Celebrant training
Before enrolling in this course please read this important information:
TERMS & CONDITIONS & REFUND POLICY
Please choose carefully. Once you have enrolled in a QualTrain Australia course, we do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision. Please make sure you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions including the Refund Policy before signing.
Security Policy: When purchasing from QualTrain Australia Pty Ltd, card details are transmitted through a secure server using eWAY. Card data is not hosted by eWAY after processing.