PROFESSIONAL CELEBRANT TRAINING
Celebrants Ongoing Professional Development
QualTrain Australia Pty Ltd is an approved provider of OPD for Celebrants 2018-2020
Thank you to all the celebrants who supported us by attending QualTrain OPD events or studying online and via distance education programs. We truly appreciate you all and please look out for your discount coupon code we will be sending you shortly for use in 2020.
QualTrain offers stimulating and convenient options for completion of your annual OPD requirements. We are a ‘celebrant-focussed’ RTO with no other agenda apart from a dedicated intention to provide the best experience for our celebrants. We look forward to offering our new Ongoing Professional Development Program for 2020 – we have some innovative and exciting activities lined up, you will be able download a description of all the activities as soon as we have the go ahead from MLCS to release them.
Essential Information - Please Read First
It is essential that celebrants register for OPD using the same name as appears in the Register of Celebrants on the Attorney-General’s website + the correct A number.
Failure to to this may result in your being found non-compliant in regard to the OPD obligation because your name and A number were not recognised in the reporting of your attendance.
Reporting OPD completion to MLCS
All RTOs/Providers of OPD are tasked by MLCS to report quarterly to the Department. For example if the OPD event you attended was in the second quarter, the report to MLCS would be sent in the first week of July. Please note that MLCS has to meticulously check the reports coming in and it takes them time to upload results to the celebrant’s portal.
DOWNLOAD Description of Approved OPD Activities 2020 - not yet available
One click on the title below will open the document
What does OPD cost? Eligible for a discount?
QualTrain delivers OPD activities in the following formats:
Face-to-face scheduled events range from $185.00 to $195.00 including GST. Special events, , such as ‘Celebrants on Tour’ may vary in price. QualTrain provides quality printed resources for OPD activities, handed to you by our trainer at each face-to-face session. Light refreshments for morning tea and lunch are also provided. Certificates of completion of OPD obligation in 2020 will be sent in PDF format for ease of uploading to the Celebrant Portal.
Online via QualTrain’s modern e-learning website, activities may be purchased individually or press ‘continue shopping’ to upload a full five-hour program of activities:
One hour activity = $28 / Two hour activity = $56 / Three hour activity = $84 … a total of $140 (including GST) for all five hours.
Webinar Package new in 2020 QualTrain will offer a five hour OPD program in the form of a two hour Webinar combined with the choice of online or distance education. The package will cost $145 (including GST). Note: participants will require Internet connection to join the Webinar.
Distance Education where the activities are delivered by email in PDF booklets, activities may be purchased individually or press ‘continue shopping’ to upload a full five-hour program of activities:
One hour activity = $25 / Two hour activity = $50 / Three hour activity = $75 … a total of $125 (including GST) for all five hours.
Rewards for past QualTrain clients – our way of saying ‘thank you’ to all celebrants who have attended face-to-face OPD programs with QualTrain in the past, will be to offer a special discount coupon code for attendance in 2020.
Private Groups by arrangement. QualTrain is happy to discuss arrangements for private groups of celebrants who wish to undertake a five hour face-to-face program in a venue, date and time of their own choosing. Please request our ‘Policy for Private Groups OPD’ to view the special conditions.
Reserve your own table – small groups of celebrants may wish to attend one of our programmed events and be sure they can sit together – easy! Just advise email@example.com of the number and names of the people in your group and we’ll reserve a table for you.
Discounts may apply for all QualTrain CIV Graduates and where an arrangement has been made between a celebrant association or network. Once arranged, the relevant organisations will be listed here. We will give a special code to the Association/Network executive and individual celebrants must ask the Association/Network for the code.
Participating Celebrant Associations/Networks 2020: TBA
Payment Arrangements for OPD
Once you have selected the OPD program, you will be directed to a payment portal on this website. Payments may be made in one of the following ways:
- Pay online on this website via eWAY. The ‘Pay Now’ button will take you to a payment portal where you will be asked to complete an application form (name / address / A number / any special needs. Security Policy: When purchasing from QualTrain Australia Pty Ltd, card details are transmitted through a secure server using eWAY. Card data is not hosted by eWAY after processing.
- If you prefer not to use the secure payment via eWAY, you may choose to request an invoice by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org we will then ask you to pay electronically or by cheque/money order.
- If you are attending an OPD program hosted by a Celebrant Association / Network / or Private Celebrant Group, QualTrain will invoice the administrator of that organisation and you will pay them directly – there will be no need to enrol via this website. Please check with your Celebrant Association / Network / or Private Celebrant Group first to ensure the arrangements are in place.
NOTE: if you are claiming a discount, you must include the unique code when processing a payment. Note: a discount only applies to programmed OPD events delivered face-to-face. Please contact your group administrator for the unique code as we cannot release this information to individuals and we will not make the code available online. Please see the Refund Policy next.
Refund of OPD Fee + Refund of UOC in lieu of OPD
QualTrain Australia Pty Ltd Ongoing Professional Development Refund Policy 2018-2020
Ongoing Professional development (OPD) program fees will be refunded in full providing written advice from the celebrant of cancellation is received by QualTrain Australia’s administration at least ten (10) days before the start date of the program.
Email advice will be accepted where five to nine (5 – 9) days’ written advice of cancellation is received, a 50% refund will apply.
Where less than five (5) days’ written advice of cancellation is received, no refund will apply.
In the event that QualTrain Australia needs to cancel or postpone a program, we will contact you at least seven (7) working days prior to the planned commencement date. You will then be offered a place in another scheduled OPD program or offered a full refund. In accordance with the above information, to advise cancellation of your attendance and request a refund please email email@example.com or post to P O Box 280, Darlington, WA 6070, or call 08 9299 7770 during office hours 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday (WA time).
QualTrain Australia Pty Ltd UOC (Unit of Competency) in lieu of OPD (Ongoing Professional Development) Refund Policy 2018 – 2020
Where a candidate has purchased one unit of competency in lieu of OPD, the following will occur:
- The candidate will be enrolled in the unit of competency for online study prior to the classroom.
- Learning material and assessment tasks form part of the unit curriculum and must be completed prior to the unit of competency being awarded.
- The candidate will attend the classroom where applicable and where practical elements of learning and assessment are deemed necessary for the unit in question.
- In a year where there is a compulsory activity, the candidate will receive a distance education version of the activity for learning and assessment purposes.
- In a year where there is no compulsory activity, the candidate will be offered an activity deemed to have sufficient content relating to the Marriage Act 1961.
Refund may occur as follows:
- The fee paid for the unit of competency will be refunded in full providing written advice from the candidate is received by QualTrain Australia’s administration prior to the commencement of the candidate receiving access to QualTrain’s e-learning website to commence study.
- The fee paid for the unit of competency will be refunded in part providing written advice from the candidate is received by QualTrain Australia’s administration – the following scale applies:
- Within three to nine (3 – 9) days following the candidate’s access to QualTrain’s e-learning website where written advice of cancellation is received, a 50% refund will apply.
- Where the candidate has had access to learning material on QualTrain’s e-learning website for more than ten (10) days and less than twenty-one (21) days where written advice of cancellation is received, a 20% refund will apply.
- Where the candidate has had access to learning material on QualTrain’s e-learning website for more than twenty-two (22) days where written advice of cancellation is received, no refund will apply.
- NOTE: the candidate will be reminded that they have 12 months to complete the unit of competency online.
- After 22 days from enrolment, should the candidate decide to continue the cancellation of the unit of competency and enrol in any one of QualTrain Australia’s face-to-face OPD events in the same year as enrolment of the unit, QualTrain will offer the candidate a 20% discount to the selected OPD event.
Email advice will be accepted as written notification.
In the event that QualTrain Australia needs to cancel or postpone a program, we will contact you at least seven (7) working days prior to the planned commencement date. You will then be offered a place in another scheduled UOC in lieu of OPD program or offered a full refund. In accordance with the above information, to advise cancellation of your attendance and request a refund please email firstname.lastname@example.org or post to P O Box 279, Maylands, WA 6391, or call 1300 185 349 during office hours Monday to Friday (WA time).
Note: All charges and refunds are made in Australian Dollars (AUD).
What time is the OPD event?
Unless otherwise advised, all our OPD events commence at 9.30am sharp – please arrive at least 15 minutes early to be ready to start on time. The five hours of OPD is interrupted by morning tea and light lunch. We always aim to finish by 3.30pm.
Meet Our Trainers
From left to right: Karen Faa (QLD), Melissa Halliday (NSW), Nathanael Ditchburn (WA), Sarah Aird (VIC), Toni Richards (NSW),
Susan Winters (NSW) and introducing our newest trainer for WA – Carmel Markham.
Ready to book your OPD?
IMPORTANT: Please read all of the important information in the boxes above prior to booking. If you are unsure about any of these points please contact email@example.com or call 1300 185 349
Please ensure you use the correct spelling of your name as it appears in the Register of Celebrants on the Attorney-General’s website + your correct A number.