PROFESSIONAL CELEBRANT TRAINING
Celebrants Ongoing Professional Development
QualTrain Australia Pty Ltd is an approved provider of OPD for Celebrants 2018-2020
Thank you to all the celebrants who supported us by attending QualTrain OPD events or studying online and via distance education programs. We truly appreciate you all – we hope you all stay safe and well during these uncertain times.
New in 2020 – for all celebrants, especially for those in rural and remote areas – see our new Webinar program in each state on the map below. Stay safe and still participate in ‘live’ OPD presentations with other celebrants and one of our professional trainers. Scroll down the page click to NEW Webinar + Video Combo for more information.
As a precaution to prevent the spread of Coronavirus we are postponing all face-to-face OPD events until further notice. If you have already booked to attend one of our programmed events, you will be receiving an email offering you one of the following options:
- We will provide Webinars on the same day (or as near as feasible) to each of the programmed F2F OPD events and where possible presented by the same trainer – partial refunds may apply. Scroll down to see ‘NEW Webinar + Video Combo’
2. Transfer of your OPD registration to OPD activities Online via QualTrain’s e-learning website or OPD activities via Distance Education, partial refunds will apply; OR
3. A refund of the fee you paid when you booked the F2F OPD event.
We are receiving a large number of emails and calls at present, we assure you we will respond to all enquiries but request patience.
Essential Information - Please Read First
It is essential that celebrants register for OPD using the same name as appears in the Register of Celebrants on the Attorney-General’s website + the correct A number.
Failure to to this may result in your being found non-compliant in regard to the OPD obligation because your name and A number were not recognised in the reporting of your attendance.
Reporting OPD completion to MLCS
In 2020 all celebrants will be able to upload a copy of their OPD certificate on the portal. Please read this important information. We will provide a copy of the certificate of completion of OPD compliance to each individual celebrant electronically, once the sign-on sheets have been returned to QualTrain by the trainer at one of our OPD face-to-face events, or for those celebrants who complete their OPD online or by distance education, we will send the certificate once the tests for the activities have been marked. Providers of OPD are also tasked by MLCS to report quarterly to the Department. For example if the OPD event you attended was in the second quarter, the report to MLCS would be sent in the first week of July.
DOWNLOAD Description of Approved OPD Activities 2020
What does OPD cost? Eligible for a discount?
QualTrain delivers OPD activities in the following formats:
DISCOUNTS ONLY APPLY TO FACE-TO-FACE OPD EVENTS. All webinars, online and distance education programs have been pared down to the limit.
NONE AVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE Face-to-face scheduled events range from $185.00 to $195.00 including GST. Special events, , such as ‘Celebrants on Tour’ may vary in price. QualTrain provides quality printed resources for OPD activities, handed to you by our trainer at each face-to-face session. Light refreshments for morning tea and lunch are also provided. Certificates of completion of OPD obligation in 2020 will be sent in PDF format for ease of uploading to the Celebrant Portal.
Online via QualTrain’s modern e-learning website, activities may be purchased individually or press ‘continue shopping’ to upload a full five-hour program of activities:
One hour activity = $27 / Two hour activity = $54 / Three hour activity = $81 … a total of $135 (including GST) for all five hours.
Webinar + Video Combo Package new in 2020 QualTrain will offer a five hour OPD program in the form of a two hour live Webinar combined with OPD activity videos + PDFs of the activities. The package will cost $145 (including GST). Note: participants will require Internet connection to join the Webinar. More details can be found on each state/territory page by clicking on the map below.
Distance Education where the activities are delivered by email in PDF booklets, activities may be purchased individually or press ‘continue shopping’ to upload a full five-hour program of activities:
One hour activity = $25 / Two hour activity = $50 / Three hour activity = $75 … a total of $125 (including GST) for all five hours.
Rewards for past QualTrain clients – our way of saying ‘thank you’ to all celebrants who have attended face-to-face OPD programs with QualTrain in the past, will be to offer a special discount coupon code for attendance in 2020. We have sent them now, if you missed out, please call the office on 1300 185 349.
Private Groups by arrangement. QualTrain is happy to discuss arrangements for private groups of celebrants who wish to undertake a five hour face-to-face program in a venue, date and time of their own choosing. Please request our ‘Policy for Private Groups OPD’ to view the special conditions.
CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE Reserve your own table – small groups of celebrants may wish to attend one of our programmed events and be sure they can sit together – easy! Just advise email@example.com of the number and names of the people in your group and we’ll reserve a table for you.
Discounts may apply for all QualTrain CIV Graduates and where an arrangement has been made between a celebrant association or network. Once arranged, the relevant organisations will be listed below. We will give a special code to the Association/Network executive and individual celebrants must ask the Association/Network for the code. ONLY APPLIED TO FACE-TO-FACE EVENTS.
Participating Celebrant Associations/Networks 2020. Note: Celebrants, please retrieve the code from your association – QualTrain cannot give out the codes (we don’t know the status of your membership!)
NQCNG (Wayne Rees – firstname.lastname@example.org)
ACMC of NSW & ACT (Annette Treloar – email@example.com)
CCN (Sonia Collins – firstname.lastname@example.org)
AMC (Anne Dally – email@example.com)
MCA WA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ACMCV (Secretary – email@example.com)
ACQ (Karen Rose – firstname.lastname@example.org)
*AFCC – We’re sorry to say, although we have tried 3 years running to give a discount code for members, the executive tell us they are dealing exclusively with one provider. However, we have a code for you! Please call 1300 185 349 to receive the code.
Select and Pay for OPD Activities
Once you have selected the OPD program or a selection of activities via online or distance education, you will be directed to a payment portal on this website. Payments may be made in one of the following ways:
- Pay online on this website via eWAY. The ‘Pay Now’ button will take you to a payment portal where you will be asked to complete an application form (name / address / A number / any special needs. Security Policy: When purchasing from QualTrain Australia Pty Ltd, card details are transmitted through a secure server using eWAY. Card data is not hosted by eWAY after processing.
- If you prefer not to use the secure payment via eWAY, you may choose to request an invoice by emailing email@example.com we will then ask you to pay electronically or by cheque/money order.
- If you are attending an OPD program hosted by a Celebrant Association / Network / or Private Celebrant Group, QualTrain will invoice the administrator of that organisation and you will pay them directly – there will be no need to enrol via this website. Please check with your Celebrant Association / Network / or Private Celebrant Group first to ensure the arrangements are in place.
NOTE: if you are claiming a discount, you must include the unique code when processing a payment. Note: a discount only applies to programmed OPD events delivered face-to-face. Please contact your group administrator for the unique code as we cannot release this information to individuals and we will not make the code available online. Please see the Refund Policy next.
Refund of OPD Fee + Refund of UOC in lieu of OPD
QualTrain Australia Pty Ltd Ongoing Professional Development Refund Policy 2020
Ongoing Professional development (OPD) program fees will be refunded in full (or the registration fee transferred to a similar programmed OPD event with no additional cost unless the original purchase was for an event which was ‘on sale’) providing written advice from the celebrant of cancellation or transfer is received by QualTrain Australia’s administration at least ten (10) days before the start date of the program. Email advice will be accepted in each case.
Where five to nine (5 – 9) days’ written advice (including email) of cancellation is received, a 50% refund will apply. Where less than five (5) days’ written advice (including email) of cancellation is received, no refund will apply.
The current state of affairs, specifically the evolving situation due to COVID-19 (the novel coronavirus) has likely led to questions about what happens if an event gets canceled or postponed.
In the event that QualTrain Australia needs to cancel or postpone a program, we will contact you at least seven (7) working days prior to the planned commencement date. You will then be offered a place in another scheduled OPD program or offered a full refund. In accordance with the above information, to advise cancellation of your attendance and request a refund please email firstname.lastname@example.org or post to P O Box 279, Maylands, WA 6931 or call 1300 185 349 during office hours 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday (WA time).
COVID-19 (the novel coronavirus) Please consider the health and wellbeing of others.
If you develop symptoms after recently returning from Iran or mainland China, or after contact with a confirmed case, you should call your doctor, a local hospital or Healthdirect on 1800 022 222 and seek medical attention as soon as possible.
To protect yourself and others from infection, good hand and respiratory hygiene is important, including:
• cleaning hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs
• covering your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing
• avoiding contact with anyone who has symptoms of respiratory illness such as a cough, fatigue, sore throat or headache
• staying home if you are unwell
QualTrain Australia Pty Ltd UOC (Unit of Competency) in lieu of OPD (Ongoing Professional Development) Refund Policy 2018 – 2020
Where a candidate has purchased one unit of competency in lieu of OPD, the following will occur:
- The candidate will be enrolled in the unit of competency for online study prior to the classroom. This is essential as the unit will require learning and assessment of essential knowledge as well as the practical elements delivered in the classroom.
- Learning material and assessment tasks form part of the unit curriculum and must be completed prior to the unit of competency being awarded.
- The candidate will attend the classroom where applicable and where practical elements of learning and assessment are deemed necessary for the unit in question.
- The candidate will receive a distance education version of one OPD activity deemed to have sufficient content relating to the Marriage Act 1961, to meet MLCS requirements for successful completion of OPD.
Refund may occur as follows:
- The fee paid for the unit of competency will be refunded in full providing written advice from the candidate is received by QualTrain Australia’s administration prior to the commencement of the candidate receiving access to QualTrain’s e-learning website to commence study.
- The fee paid for the unit of competency will be refunded in part providing written advice from the candidate is received by QualTrain Australia’s administration – the following scale applies:
- Within three to nine (3 – 9) days following the candidate’s access to QualTrain’s e-learning website where written advice of cancellation is received, a 50% refund will apply.
- Where the candidate has had access to learning material on QualTrain’s e-learning website for more than ten (10) days and less than twenty-one (21) days where written advice of cancellation is received, a 20% refund will apply.
- Where the candidate has had access to learning material on QualTrain’s e-learning website for more than twenty-two (22) days where written advice of cancellation is received, no refund will apply.
- NOTE: the candidate will be reminded that they have 12 months to complete the unit of competency online.
- After 22 days from enrolment, should the candidate decide to continue the cancellation of the unit of competency and enrol in any one of QualTrain Australia’s face-to-face OPD events in the same year as enrolment of the unit, QualTrain will offer the candidate a 40% discount to the cost of the selected face-to-face OPD event.
Email advice will be accepted as written notification.
In the event that QualTrain Australia needs to cancel or postpone a program, we will contact you at least seven (7) working days prior to the planned commencement date. You will then be offered a place in another scheduled UOC in lieu of OPD program or offered a full refund. In accordance with the above information, to advise cancellation of your attendance and request a refund please email email@example.com or post to P O Box 279, Maylands, WA 6391, or call 1300 185 349 during office hours Monday to Friday (WA time).
Note: All charges and refunds are made in Australian Dollars (AUD).
Meet Our OPD Trainers
From left to right: Karen Faa (QLD), Nathanael Ditchburn (WA), Toni Richards (NSW),
Susan Winters (NSW), Genevieve Messenger (VIC) and introducing our newest trainer for WA – Carmel Markham.
Ready to book your OPD?
IMPORTANT: Please read all of the important information in all the boxes above prior to booking.
If you are unsure about any of these points please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 185 349
IMPORTANT: Please ensure you use the correct spelling of your name exactly as it appears in the Register of Celebrants on the Attorney-General’s website + your correct A number. Spelling your name – please use upper and lower case correctly, add hyphen if necessary, please don’t use commas between names, the A number must have five digits, example: A00627